Food Industry Organization Sites
There are a number of organizations involved with all facets of the food industry. The websites of some important ones are listed here.
- Grocery Manufacturers Association: the world’s largest association of food, beverage, and consumer products companies.
- Food Processing Suppliers Association: an association of suppliers to the food processing and packaging industry.
- Food Quality & Safety: the online site for Food Quality & Safety magazine.
- Organic Trade Association: a business association dedicated to the advancement of organic agriculture, products, and trade.
- Global Food Safety Initiative: an international organization that is committed to the delivery of safe food to consumers around the world.
- Safe Quality Food Institute: the administrative body of the Safe Quality Food certification scheme, one of the most commonly-obtained food safety certifications in the United States today.
These links provide in-depth, targeted information on a number of compliance issues.
- Establishment and Maintenance of Records: from the FDA, a fact sheet providing best practices in record-keeping guidance to food companies.
- Registration of Food Facilities: another FDA resource, containing instructions on how food companies can register their facilities with the agency.
- Ingredients, Packaging, and Labeling: a collection of resources on allergens, ingredients, food and color additives, food contact substances, and labeling requirements.
- General Food Law: a concise overview of food regulations in Europe, as presented by the European Commission.